Monday, January 23, 2006

Florence Orientation Course

For those of you not in the 06/07 group, we are reqired to complete an orientation class this semester to help us get over culture shock before we experience it. Basically, it is living overseas for dummies and a chance to get to know the other people in the group a bit.
Our textbook, Culture Shock: Italy. Wow. My travel guide was like sparknotes for this book, but specifically for college students. The only thing that the book has that I haven't given yet is Italian swear words, convienetly found in the section vocabulary for everyday use. Well, I'm gonna listen to the text book and use those words everyday to see the results. I can't wait to call someone a dirty old man, or better yet to say a plague on your ancestors. How great is that? And those aren't even the good ones.
Ya, so basically the course is good for one thing (at least for me, and I realize I have a unique perspective and that this course may be very helpful to some people)- to get to know everyone in the group a bit before we are sent to a foreign country with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home