Monday, January 16, 2006

Pictures from Florence

Because I have very little to post at the moment, and I feel that I should do it at some point, I'm going to take a minute and talk about my visit in 03-04. I went to Florence for my second time in the fall of 2003 and spent about five months there, living in the villa, taking classes, and living the life of a college student as a junior in high school. My view on Florence and villa life in general is not exactly that of a student, but it is pretty close. I know about what goes on in the villa, I know about life there, I know the city- not like some of the students, but I have a little bit of a start. The picture below is the whole group from 03-04. It was an amazing year- the best Elizabeth has seen as a program director, and the year that we are going to try and top in 06-07. It won't be easy, but it'll be fun.This picture was taken in the villa courtyard, everyone is there. The 54 students, staff, everybody- even the chef.
I said I know a little bit about villa life- well, here are some pictures that don't really prove it, but are kinda fun anyway and give a basic idea of the villa atmosphere.
This picture here is from Halloween in the villa. Pretty much everyone dressed up in very creative costumes and we had a party!
This picture is just everyday villa life. Eryn, Lauren and I, well, we decided to have some fun and pull a prank on David Brooks and Jon Patty, so we got about 300 dixie cups, filled them with water, and put them all over the place in the room. Best of all, we put goldfish in some of the cups for an added effect. This picture is just us standing back and admiring our work... Oh, the good times.
So, that is basically an intro into some parts of everyday villa life. My travel guide covered most of the other, not so much fun stuff. Maybe next I'll talk about life in Florence with pictures to help out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home